My husband always laughs because I like my meals hot, usually something toasted and packed with flavor. He could easily settle for a bowl of cereal in the morning and I have to get the kitchen dirty before 8am. I truly get this from my father. He has always been the go to breakfast guy in our family. His creations with leftovers are stunning, although sometimes you don’t even want to know what he put in there.
This morning I was craving eggs of course and something toasted. Trader Joe’s has great whole wheat Naan bread, but I always have a hard time finishing a pack of before they go bad. This week I’m determined to find new uses for them. We have also been growing a garden and finally have our first green peppers that despertaley need to be eaten. This is where breakfast pizza comes in!
Thanks to a great Trader Joe’s run I’m stocked with fun items to throw on the pizza before toasting in my toaster oven- no need to get the kitchen toasty this am with an oven. I used a few of my TJ stapes like shredded peper jack cheese, chicken sausage, naan bread and eggs.
I chopped the sausage up to cook quickly in a skillet.
Once the chicken was cooked through and peppers had softened, I removed them and added two eggs to scramble up in the same pan. The addition of a hanful of shredded cheese makes them cheggs (cheese and eggs!
Next I threw the veggies back in the skilled to combine with your cheggs. Carefully pile the delicious mixture on your whole wheat naan (bread, bagel, english muffin, etc), add a little more cheese on top and place under the broiler in an oven or toaster oven. Love my Kitchen Aid toaster oven, especially on a warm summer day.
Once the cheese is nice and melted and your bread is toasty, its time to enjoy!
- Whole wheat naan bread (or something else similar)
- 2 eggs
- Shredded cheese
- Green pepper (any veggies will do)
- Chicken sausage (any meat would be fun- or skip it)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop your sausage and put in saute pan with bit of EVOO.
- Add chopped green pepper and cook til softened (5 minutes).
- Remove meat and veggies and add eggs to scramble.
- Once eggs have scrambled add shredded cheese to your liking.
- Add the meat and veggies back into the pan to combine with eggs.
- Pile the mixture on your bread of choice and place in oven to broiler.
- Once cheese is melted, remove and enjoy!