Eggs are by far one of my favorite ingredients in the kitchen. They are quick to make, cheap to buy and have endless possibilities. This morning I decided to put eggs into my rarely used cupcake tin filled with bacon, chicken sausage, cilantro and of course shredded cheese. I ended up with great little puffs of eggs that would be great for a party (think baby and bridal showers), pack in lunches or eat while driving to the office!
Here’s everything you need to whip these lil cuties up! I chopped up bacon, spicy chicken sausage, Trader Joe’s pepper jack cheese and cilantro for this morning’s creation. Grab what you have on hand! Spray down that pan so the eggs don’t stick.
Place your ingredients in the pan about 1/2 of the way full. Remember you’ll need room for eggs! I did half chicken and half bacon.
Next I poured my eggs in, which were already beaten and mixed with a splash of milk, over the ingredients. I’ve seen recipes where you pour eggs first and add ingredients on top. Either way would work great.
Place your pan into an oven at 350 for about 20 minutes. You’ll notice the edges starting to brown and the top getting a nice little crisp to it. You could add a bit more shredded cheese and cook until golden, but I had enough in the cups already. Let them cool a bit before using a fork to gently pop them out of the tray.
They are small enough to eat with your hands, but if you’re more civilized than me plop em on a plate, top with salsa and enjoy!
Mini Egg Cups
- Eggs (I used 10 for a 12 cupcake pan)
- Splash of milk (optional but helps make the eggs fluffy)
- Chopped bacon (8 slices)
- Chopped spicy chicken sausage (2 links)
- Chopped cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese
*Be creative here! Add veggies, herbs, different meats!
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Spray the pan with olive oil/non- stick spray.
- Prep/cook all your ingredients.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl thats easy to pour from.
- Add your ingredients in the cups til they are about half full.
- Pour egg mixture over top until just about full.
- Bake for 15-20 until golden.
- Let the eggs cool on rack/counter for 10 minutes.
- Pop them out and enjoy!